Friday, December 29, 2006

london day 3: oxford and bicester village!

Finally made it to Bicester village today! Went back to hostel last night to gather more accurate information and realised that Bicester is near to town of Oxford where we wanted to go too! So, We hopped onto a train (17 pounds return) and went to Oxford, home to the best and most famous university in the world! The town was beautiful and after 1 hour there, we went to Bicester Village for the real reason why we came to Oxford. To advance my PhD for Shopping.


Bicester was kind of, no, it is a let down. Too crowded, and prices are not that cheap. Tina and I both agreed that The Mall really spoilt us both. Tod's at the mall sell for less than 300 Euros, Tods here at Bicester sells for 300 pounds. Go figure. But I still managed to get a Tod's belt for 48 pounds (and there's no box for it!) as well as some L'Occitane products for my friends back home. My dreams of snatching the Mulberry bag I craved for in London (retails at 276 pounds after discount in Bond Street) at the outlet was also dashed badly when they outlet Mulberry sells not so nice stuffs. Sulking shopper detected. Tina did however, get few good buys at FCUK.

Decided to go back to Oxford to immerse in the scholastic environment and chanced upon a walking tour group and we did wjat we are best at. Following behind their backs and pretended we do not understand english so the guide will not be suspicious of us two free loaders. Saw the bridge of sighs, and the library of Oxford Uni.







Bought dinner in the form of Cornish puffs and ate in in the train on our way back. Then we went to Harrods for the sale which started today and i tried to get my mulberry again. But alas, the men's section is so pathetic, I think my wardrobe can do better.


Hopes of finding a new pair of shades from D&G or Prada were also dashed cos the designs on sale were not exactly my type and those that are nice after the 20% discount still costs a bomb! Good thing is that Tina and I saw a man carrying Krispy Kreme donuts and i just tapped on his shoulders to ask where he got it - from Harrod's Food Hall! Finally tasted these wonderfully fluffy light creatures of desires! Oh, and I also gave into my failed debate as to whether I need another more messenger bag when I zoomed off to Selfrides to get my Mulberry Alfie. Apparently, I googled it up just a moment agoa and found out the Jude Law had been spotted carrying this bag! So blew my budget of 276 pounds and got myself an Alfie (mine's not in the color pictured, mine's a nice tanned brown)

No comments: