Sunday, June 01, 2008

Down Memory Lane

Ok, the writers' strike earlier this year in La-La land had caused many shows to be reduced from their original schedules and since it's now June, all the shows I had been watching have also finished their runs. Somehow, Desperate Housewives had a really huge shocking finale when the show ended with a time morph showing Wisteria lane 5 years into the future and Susan having a new husband despite her having gave birth and married to Mike this season. Bleah.

Over at the other show, Betty is faced with 2 guys and she cannot decided on who to choose, and moi is getting really tired of her, but just in time, a new boy popped up and claimed to be her boss' son. Interesting.

Then of course my favourite CSI dramas, Gary Doudan's character is killed off, meaning 2 cast have left the series this season, but as long as the lao chio Catherine Willows on the show, and the funny lab assistant stays, i am happy. Haratio Cain's gunned down, but I really doubt he died since he is like central to the entire moody-gloomy-setting pivotal to Miami. Over in NYC, i really don't give a damn who leaves cos it's the city that mesmerizes me anyway.

Across the Atlantic, hotel babylon is somehow lost in the midst of BT torrents and i really dunno what happened to it. But another 2 key characters left the show and frankly, my interest in that is so low that n amount of posh 5 star services can perk me up.

Which brings us back to the greatest city on earth in NYC where the gossip girls are so deserving my unwavering attention till the next season starts.

Ok, the whole point of this post is in the years leading to all of this. Moi has seen so many TV shows that somehow, every time one of my favourites ends (and I mean series finale) I will be so lost and sad and somehow, unwilling to give other new series a chance. o, when people starts dying off and flashbacks starts coming in to TV, i really do fear that the show will just go boom. and I'll have to filter through all the new shows to pick one that I'll like.

A decade ago (gosh, i am actually able to relate stories now with the term decade!) Ally Mcbeal and Friends were the de facto must watch, and I was devastated and i actually swore off TV after they ended! Until Sex and The City and Will & Grace came along, my life was spent channel surfing on crappy shows.

There was a show called Everybody Loves Raymond which all loves, but somehow, I hated him. Then of course in between, there were Malcolm in the Middle which I thought was stupid and 2 Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place which became plain ridiculous after they dropped the pizza place from their title in season 2.

Finally, when I started my military in 2002, CSI came along and relight the TV fire in me. Then their spin offs came along and throughout the last 4 years in college, Desperate Housewives and Will & Grace kept me going. somehow, rumour has it that DH will end in 2 years time after season 7 and moi is sad. I just hope gossip girl will last and actually make itself entertaining after 2 seasons. I mean, I am so sure the series will be canned after all the characters left high school.

No comments: